Happy Last Day of Summer 2018! Tomorrow marks the Autumnal Equinox when the day and night will be the exact same length. I don’t know about you, but I’m really looking forward to some cooler days and nights.
As usual, there is a lot of news in from VIAVI over the past few weeks. Please let me know if there are any topics you want to see covered in a future article.
Current Firmware Versions
Fish Table Interference – A growing threat?
Have you ever heard of Fish Tables? They’re like a large pool table and offer cash payouts to people that play them. Here’s a more detailed description of why the police are cracking down on arcades that feature fish tables.
The problem for wireless carriers is twofold: First, players can make an EMP type jammer by following instructions from the internet -this allows players to sway the game in their favor. Secondly, operators of fish table arcades sometimes employ their own cellular/wireless jammer to outfox the cheaters. The problem is that both of these types of jammers can interfere with the wireless network.
Due to the nature of these businesses, the interference can pop-up and be gone in a matter of hours. Carriers need a robust testing solution like InterferenceAdvisor to quickly locate these jammers.
Product Spotlight: MP-60 USB Power Meter
- Compatible with FiberChekPRO and FiberChekMOBILE fiber inspection and analysis software
- Simple, accurate, and instant push-button measurement results can be electronically archived, logged, and printed
- Dedicated for all single-mode and multimode applications including LAN, TELECOM, CATV, and DWDM testing
- General power and loss measurements on wavelengths from 780 to 1625 nm
- Use with a VIAVI light source to detect modulation frequency and identify individual fibers
- Integrate with other VIAVI test devices (T-BERD/MTS-5800, SmartOTDR, HST-3000, CellAdvisor, DSAM), PC (FiberChekPRO), or mobile device (FiberChekMOBILE) to run tests, export data, provide certification reports and manage acceptance criteria
- Lightweight, small form-factor design
- Measurements in dB, milliwatt, and dBm with auto-voice readout option
- Automatic wavelength detection
Webinars – Upcoming and Recorded
- As a reminder, you can view and register for upcoming webinars, as well as get recorded versions of past webinars, on our VIAVI Webinars page.
- Did you catch the webinar on BBU Emulation with CellAdvisor?
Need your feedback
I put this blog together to do more than just push updates out to you. I’d really like it to be a resource that you can use to learn and be more productive.
Please reply in the “Comments” section below with any topics you would like to see covered.