Happy Memorial Day Everyone!
It’s been awhile since I’ve written an update. As usual, lots of news from VIAVI in the past few weeks. Please let me know if there are any topics you want to see covered in a future article.
- Could 5G have trouble penetrating buildings? I think we all know the answer is “Yes, but…”
- 5G isn’t going to be for mobile phones initially. The first application will be fixed wireless, to the business or home. Read more on Forbes here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/annatobin/2018/05/25/could-5g-have-trouble-penetrating-buildings/2/#46e646431814
- PIM Analysis testing is now available for units with ALU BBU Emulation and will be coming out shortly for Ericsson BBU Emulation. This feature allows you to command the RRU to sweep 2 tones across frequencies to try and produce IM products. It helps prevent interference that results from using those frequencies in adjacent sectors, etc. Watch a short video demonstration and download the promo sheet here.
- You can find some use cases for RF Testing with the CellAdvisor at our new RF Test Solutions Users Group site.
- Version 3.090.033 of the JD745B/JD785B has been released. Download it here JD745B/JD785B firmware 3.090.
- May 21, 2018 — VIAVI Solutions today announced enhancements to its InterferenceAdvisor solution that will help RF engineers and field technicians even more safely and efficiently identify and isolate interference issues in a complex mobile environment. InterferenceAdvisor is an innovative automated interference hunting solution that allows one RF engineer to easily identify and locate an interference source with minimal effort. Enhancements delivered in software version 1.4.0 will further simplify and make the entire process of interference hunting simple and cost effective. Read all about it here.
Product Spotlight: OMK-36P
- When you need a pocket sized light source and meter for quick fiber loss testing, VIAVI has a line of “Smart Pocket” kits just for you.
- The VIAVI SmartPocket Optical Test Kits include a light source (OLS-3x), a power meter (OLP-3x), and additional accessories.Highlights
- Essential fiber test sets for singlemode and multimode network applications
- Auto-wavelength and TWINtest features for saving test time and error-free testing
- Permanent reference power level storage
- Fast download results using the USB port
- Report generation with OFS-355 software
Webinars – Upcoming and Recorded
- June 6th, join this webinar to learn about evolving MPO testing standards: https://www.viavisolutions.com/en-us/webinars/2018/evolving-standards-designing-and-testing-mpo-based-systems
- As a reminder, you can view and register for upcoming webinars, as well as get recorded versions of past webinars, on our VIAVI Webinars page.
Need your feedback
I put this blog together to do more than just push updates out to you. I’d really like it to be a resource that you can use to learn and be more productive.
Please reply in the “Comments” section below with any topics you would like to see covered.
Thanks! I’m looking forward to engaging with you!